Tuesday 9 April 2013

11 - PHEW...

Ever slept at a place you have no clue who the people are? Have you ever slept in the most uncomfortable way like standing up? Well I have, and it was due to the sleepless nights filled with so many homework. It felt so weird and so humiliating experiencing those.

Those days when you go to school with no sleep are just one way to learn nothing, because of your brain not functioning well because it's too tired, and one way to get killed, because we're too tired to care. These are just some things students have to go through everyday, but not what happened to me.

It was those days when you had a little or no sleep at all.But like everybody else, I had to bear with it. So I was on my way home, tired and half awake, not really aware of what's happening around me. I rode the MRT, and you know MRT's How crowded they are and how you just mostly stand until you get to your station. As I was standing there with minimal space in between people and unable to move, a guy beside me decided to go all retard and not think of the obvious. He scolded me for not holding on to the safety handrails and that I was leaning on him. I got pissed and humiliated for the fact that he said that out loud which made all the people in that silent train stare at me like I killed somebody. Ashamed, I just kept quiet.

After getting off the train, my long travel home wasn't over. I still had A 30 minute to an hour jeepney ride (depending on the traffic). Since it was significantly long I decided to sleep while on the ride, which was a pretty good idea that time since I was really exhausted. I slept almost through the ride,\. Just waking up randomly to know where I was, But suddenly there was a rude awakening.

A guy beside me suddenly tapped me and said "HOY! Gumising ka na! Muntik ka na manakawan." I frowned because he woke me up but then suddenly my face went confused because of what he said. Once again I got pissed and humiliated, but it didn't last as I heard the story of what happened when I was asleep. I overheard that a random guy asked my seatmate if I was with him (the guy who woke me up) while eyeballing my phone in my chest pocket. My seatmate said yes just to save me from getting robbed. In my head I was thinking " Wow, this person is really nice after all. Never knew people like him still existed."

As I near my stop, I was planning to thank him on my way down the jeep, but then he went down before i did. So I didn't get the chance. I still Thank that guy so much. He made me think twice before sleeping in a jeep. Now I don't, not unless I'm with somebody with me. But if you come to think of it, that was close!

No comments:

Post a Comment