Wednesday 13 February 2013

6 - LE MENTOR

"If you could go back in time anywhere and "anywhen", where/when would you go and why?


Seat belts, check! Helmet, check! Fuel, Check! Burrito..ugh..check! 5...4...3..2...1! What you've just read there was me going back in time! Yes, I went back in time for a quest to become the best artist in the world as of this day!

I went back in time at the era where classic art was at it's peak, a time where the name Leonardo Da Vinci was well known. I went back to this time for one purpose, and that purpose is to be the apprentice of today's hall of fame in art, Leonardo Da Vinci.



Why all the trouble you ask? Well, let me share with you a story of why this came to be. I have a father who is really good in art. He was the one who inspired me to do everything in the name of art, but there was this problem. It seemed like he did not have that much time to teach me a thing or two, so I scavenged for a way to learn more. I searched high and low for someone to teach me lessons, and yet it seemed like there was nobody out there. In that moment where I was studying all by myself, it just hit me, "why not build a time machine red?" I said to myself, and so I did. I gathered resources and knowledge just to build a time machine, and alas, my time machine was born!



So I set the year and date where Leonardo was at his peak, when he was crowned best. I arrived there and hid my machine. As I strolled and searched for him I was shocked and amazed, as I saw him doing his research. You now might think "how will he understand him?" well, good question. Before I even left the present time, I also devised a gadget where I could understand him, but I still couldn't talk their language. So what I did was acted as if I was a mute poor man, who was desperate for his teachings. He then bit the bait, knowing I could not tell any of his secrets he went on. I stayed there for a couple of weeks, but then disaster struck! An alarm which was connected to my time machine went off! It was a sign that I needed to get back to the present to not create an imbalance in the timeline. Without any goodbyes, I left. I left his teachings without even finishing. Crushed by this, I hurriedly went in the time machine, set the date and time as if I didn't even left the first place, and didn't even bothered to look back.

I arrived again here in the present, dazed with time travel. Knowing I still might get a chance to get back in that era, I ran to the fuel tank and peeked through it, it was empty. With all hopes gone, in once again searched for a new mentor. With all the time I spent searching, I found one. He was my age, and with his gift, he might be the next Leonardo Da Vinci. Without any fuel left and resource I settled with him.

For now as I shall settle with him, until the time I could find enough resource to go back and finish what I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment